Hello, my name is Katou.
Here you can find the lyrics to my songs.

To listen, go to myspace.com/katherineshengmorrison or email me for a CD.
You can also send me an email if you would like to be added to my mailing list. If I record more music or give a concert, you will be informed!

Hola, me llamo Katou.
Aquí puedes encontrar las letras de mis canciones.

Para escuchar, hay canciones colgadas en myspace.com/katherineshengmorrison o me puedes escribir un correo si quieres un disco.
También me puedes escribir si te gustaría estar informado de nuevas grabaciones o conciertos.

aeioukatou@gmail.com

Always happy to hear from you.
Me alegra escuchar de ti.

(Photo: Andrea Moro)

miércoles, 9 de febrero de 2011

Spiders on the Wall

Spiders on the wall

And my grandmother afraid

Candles on the ledge

And water boiling


I’m cold and I’ve got a hot bottle on my belly

She’s old and she’s got death coming to her one of these days

And I’ll go one of these days


This is the day she was born

How many suns has she been round?

First came John, he’s my father

Water sign, came of her water, born of her wine

And he gave it to me through my ma


This water in my eyes

Like spiders (when you’re not watching) crawling

Bones my of roots snappin’ and dreams like bean shoots falling


I’m makin’ a mulch pile, I’m makin’ tea

I’m makin’ a birthday party for you and my life for me

I’m running to water this tree


This is the branch that I am

It is dancing though it’s beat

But not beaten

By the whippin’ wind or by the night and its darkened lens

I bought candles, seven in your name


He-le-le-le-le-le-le-le-len

He-le-le-le-le-le-le-le-len

You are and I are silent

And slowly going into another world, each alone

Where we may find the unknown


Don’t be scared, I’m singin’ for you


I wrote this song on my Granny's birthday.

July 7th, 2008, Dharamsala, India.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario