Hello, my name is Katou.
Here you can find the lyrics to my songs.

To listen, go to myspace.com/katherineshengmorrison or email me for a CD.
You can also send me an email if you would like to be added to my mailing list. If I record more music or give a concert, you will be informed!

Hola, me llamo Katou.
Aquí puedes encontrar las letras de mis canciones.

Para escuchar, hay canciones colgadas en myspace.com/katherineshengmorrison o me puedes escribir un correo si quieres un disco.
También me puedes escribir si te gustaría estar informado de nuevas grabaciones o conciertos.

aeioukatou@gmail.com

Always happy to hear from you.
Me alegra escuchar de ti.

(Photo: Andrea Moro)

martes, 8 de febrero de 2011

The Wind

I let the wind whistle for me

For I cannot whistle easily

Like the wind I want to be free

I would like to lie upon the sea


I would like to cool people down

When the sun is golden crown

I would like to sweep away its heat

And pull the rug from under its feet, sayin’


Ha-ha, don’t be a hothead

Or you’ll turn from gold to red

Like a leaf in the fall

I thought you were grand, but maybe you’re small after all

And I can blow you out like a candle


I let the wind whistle for me

For I cannot whistle easily

I just sing when I should sleep

It’s my way of counting the sheep


One and a two and a three

It’s four, the hour of melancholy

and since I cannot whistle easily

I let the wind whistle for me


I let the wind whistle for me

For I cannot whistle easily

I just want to be free


I wrote this song while I was studying at the University of Toronto.

I was living on the eleventh floor of a new residence building called Morrison Hall (the only & foolish reason I chose to live there... It was like a hospital, with white lights that never turned off. I felt like I was living inside a submarine.)

And from my bed, I could hear the wind roaring against my big window pane.

Five years later, I'm still asking myself what it means to be free, & probably will be for a long time...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario