Hello, my name is Katou.
Here you can find the lyrics to my songs.

To listen, go to myspace.com/katherineshengmorrison or email me for a CD.
You can also send me an email if you would like to be added to my mailing list. If I record more music or give a concert, you will be informed!

Hola, me llamo Katou.
Aquí puedes encontrar las letras de mis canciones.

Para escuchar, hay canciones colgadas en myspace.com/katherineshengmorrison o me puedes escribir un correo si quieres un disco.
También me puedes escribir si te gustaría estar informado de nuevas grabaciones o conciertos.

aeioukatou@gmail.com

Always happy to hear from you.
Me alegra escuchar de ti.

(Photo: Andrea Moro)

jueves, 10 de febrero de 2011

Steppe to the Prairie (Bring Your Body Back To Me)

I started chewin' on my tongue after yours left mine
I started chewin' on my tongue, unknowing, in the night

And each dry lip's an ancient plain
Waitin' and a-waitin' and a-waitin' for rain
An ocean and two bone reefs in between

Bring your body back to me
Bring your bison back to feed
Bring your yurt back to this old dirt

Bring your body back to me
Bring each lip and let each leak
Rain ocean into sea

I started chewin' on my heart after I left my mind
I started chewin' on my heart mornin', noon, and night

And each blood beat's an ancient drum
Wantin' and a-wantin' you to back come, come
A dead skin and a live skin in between

Bring your body back to me
Bring your hot stones back to heat
Bring your hand back to this old land

Bring your body back to me
Bring your tongue and let it reach mine broken
Come mend each breach

I started chewin' on my time after I lost my place
I started chewin' on my time once I slowed down the race

And each earth crack's an empty sore
Thirsty for the sky to open up and pour
Fill the long, long spaces in between

Bring your body back to me
Bring the steppe to the prairie
Bring the branches back to seed

Grow a tree o' many limbs
Light a shade o' many dims

Let the dark fall for our bodies
Let the night fall for our bodies
Let the dark night fall for our bodies

Summer 2006, Ottawa

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario